Graduation from Ms. Be's



After 4 years and 8 months, Anna will soon be leaving Ms. Be's as she begins kindergarten. Ms. Be's has been a second home to Anna and she has done so much to prepare her for not only kindergarten but life with other kids.

In honor of this milestone, Be and Mr. Phancy hosted a graduation ceremony for Anna, complete with cap and gown. There were speeches (by Ms. Be and Mr. Phancy) and Anna was suppose to address the crowd of parents and well wishers in attendance, but opted not to. In fact, Anna almost was too shy to attend her own ceremony until her friend William reluctantly agreed to don a cap and gown to join her for the occasion. The graduate marched down the aisle to the "ABC" song, accompanied by Mr. Phancy on the guitar. She received her diploma and applause from the crowd.

Among the money things that Anna learned from Ms. Be and Mr. Phancy:
  • A schedule (Be has all the kids on one)
  • Sharing with other kids
  • Helping with the little kids
  • Spanish
  • Sign Language
  • Reading
  • Math skills
  • Tying her shoes
Potty training (an important life skill)
How to eat with chopsticks
Riding a tricycle

Anna has already mastered all of the skills for kindergarten thank's to Be's work. Following the ceremony, the guests were treated to a huge Vietnamese dinner, thanks to Be. A great time was had by all. Thanks Ms. Be and Mr. Phancy for all you have done for us!

Here is the poem that Anna read (VERY quietly)from Ms. Be:

FOREVER IN MY HEART

Although I'm not their mother
I care for them each day,
I cuddle, sing and read to them
And watch them as they play.

I see each new accomplishment,
I help them gro
w and learn.
I understan
d their language,
I listen with concern.

They come to me for comfort,
And I kiss away their tears.
They p
roudly show their work to me,
I give t
he loudest cheers!

No, I'm
not their mother,
But my ro
le is just as strong.
I nurture them and keep them safe,
Though maybe no
t for long.

I know someday t
he time will come,
When we
will have to part.
But I know
each child I cared for,
Is forever in my h
eart!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swimming with the Lakevale Dolphins

Camp Coles Trip & June Birthdays

Thanksgiving in New Jersey